Welcome to "The Grove" circa 1790. Originally built by Thomas Pierce II and named for the large orchard of White Oak trees that stood on the estate. Mr Pierce was a county Justice, a Captain of the militia from 1777-1782, and a member of the Virginia Convention of 1788. The walls are made of colonial fired Flemish brick and are between 18 and 21 inches thick. This Georgian styled home has three Greek revival porches and features original heartwood pine floors, original doors, locks and wood bars. Over the years the home has been a hotel, boarding house, and at one time a private residence of former Lt. Governor A.E.S. "Gi" and Anna Delk Stephens. The Stephens restored the house to a private residence and added a kitchen wing in 1956 which was updated in 2015. The large foyer which extends the width of the home is accented by a stairwell in the west end that is open all the way to the third floor. The large square drawing room has one of five elegant fireplaces. In Historic Smithfield
Multi Car, Off Street, Driveway Spc
Dishwasher, Disposal, Refrigerator, Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(s), Gas Range, Washer
Master BR w/ Bath, Utility Room, Breakfast Area, Porch, Rec Room
Corner, Inground Sprinkler, Patio, Storage Shed
Disclosure Statement, Historical District
Listing Courtesy of Fathom Realty.